BDS has published its latest annual concrete product reports to provide information on the concrete product industry in Great Britain. The Estimated Outputs of Concrete Building Block Plants in Great Britain is one of three concrete product reports, published in December 2021, to provide estimates of outputs and market shares by concrete product plant and company for Great Britain in 2020.

In 2020, BDS estimate the concrete building block market in Great Britain to be nearly 64 million m² with aggregate building blocks contributing a share of 69% and the remainder (31%) accountable to aircrete building blocks.

Over 90 plants were identified to be in operation in Great Britain in 2020 with the majority located in England followed by Scotland and Wales.

The report is one of a suite of output focused reports produced by BDS, others include:

  • Estimated Outputs of Pits & Quarries and Marine Wharves in Great Britain (2020)
  • Estimated Outputs of Asphalt Plants in Great Britain (2020)
  • Estimated Movements of Aggregates from Rail Depots in Great Britain (2020)
  • Estimated Outputs of Ready-mix concrete companies in Great Britain (2020)

To find out more about the ‘Estimated Outputs of Concrete Building Block Plants in Great Britain’ Report or to purchase a copy of the report please email

Request a price for this report

Mineral Products Association